How could this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aesthetics00

Honorable
Oct 4, 2014
One day I updated my Steam application and turn off my 2 year old Dell Inspiron 5521 Laptop. Just a few hours something like 2 - 3 hours then turning it on again.

My MASTER PASSWORD is not working anymore.

tried reseting the CMOS battery and RAM .. nothing works.. most laptop now adays are UEFI.

how could that happen. I was alone in my house for the whole day. and suddenly my BIOS password change itself.

I called they for backdoor password. they gave me 2 set of password. none of them works.

They said that they need to replace my mobo.

Its very frustrating Customer support now a days.

TheTemest

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2010
Don't know what kind of security you have, but sounds like you could've been hacked if you haven't done a thing to the computer. Did you just recently download something from Steam?
"They said that they need to replace my mobo." Is 'they' Microsoft?

aesthetics00

Honorable
Oct 4, 2014

BIOS password. I mean the password right after you turn on the computer.

I did nothing wrong on my computer.I did not download something. and it is less unsusceptible that Steam causes this.

Its Dell.

for almost 2 years. this refurbish laptop doesnt have problem. I set my own BIOS password for almost 1 year. and just one day it did not work.

Try to connect an external usb keyboard to sort out internal keyboard issues (non-working keys, caps-lock and so on).

aesthetics00

Honorable
Oct 4, 2014

i've already done that. the same issue.

Last chance: new motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.