How did I download a 401MB file in 1 minute?

I purchased a movie and at 6:01 I clicked on download. At 6:02 my PC chimes and it's done. That isn't normal for my connection which normally tops out at about 2 or 3MB p/s depending on the site. I knew I did something wrong so I followed the path to the file in the folder and pressed play. The full movie is here. I understand my up and download speeds will vary depending on traffic and so many other variables but this just struck me as odd.

Solution
If the file you were downloading was on a cache server courtesy of your ISP, then that file was retrieved and downloaded using the maximum bandwidth the NIC you're working with can handle. If you were downloading it from a remote location, or from some other server, the data will be retrieved according to the data package the ISP has allocated you.

Lutfij

Titan
If the file you were downloading was on a cache server courtesy of your ISP, then that file was retrieved and downloaded using the maximum bandwidth the NIC you're working with can handle. If you were downloading it from a remote location, or from some other server, the data will be retrieved according to the data package the ISP has allocated you.

Solution

Sorry I asked and then deleted a question. That depends on the user's hardware so the answer will vary. It seemed to general.