Question How disable wifi from bios ?

Apr 9, 2020
Because my laptop was been hacked and I suspect that the wifi chip works even without the driver. Anyway I haven't any "Advanced>Onboard Devices". I try to search around if I find some shot how is my bios.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Your wifi card isn't going to be the source of a "hack", strictly speaking - more likely to be your internet connection (either local, or public).

It won't work without "a" driver, but most versions of OS' have at least a basic Wifi driver included these days.

If you want a semi-permanent solution, you should be able to remove the Wifi adapter from the laptop (likely mPCIe)

Apr 9, 2020
Your wifi card isn't going to be the source of a "hack", strictly speaking - more likely to be your internet connection (either local, or public).

I'm I don't understand this over.
If my laptop was been hacked that's means that I haven't any control on my machine. Then could be the driver is installed but hidden. I can't remove the wifi chip because it solded on the mobo. I've already disconnnected the antenna but it's not enough.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
How are you determining you've been "hacked"?
The vast majority of virus-type situations (from downloads from questionable sources, etc) are at a software level. True, brute-force "hacks", unless you're a high-risk target, are very, very unlikely.

If the problem persists at a software level, your solution is either anti-virus, or a format/reinstall of your operating system, not disabling or removing the network access.

Apr 9, 2020
Hi, I haven't found anything to describe my bios. Then I'll copy what I see in "advanced" by hand:
  • CPU configuration
  • Trusted computing
  • PCH-FW Configuration
  • Intel Anti-theft Technology Configuration
  • AMT configuration
  • SMART settings
  • Intel Bios Guard Technology
  • S5 RTC Wake Settings
  • Serial Port Console Redirection
  • Intell ICC
  • Intel TXT Information
  • Platform misc Configuration
  • Intel RC Drivers Version Detail
  • SATA configuration
  • Thermal Configuration
  • Intel Smart Connect Technology
  • Acoustic Management Configuration
  • AMI Graphic Output Protocol Policy
  • SIO configuration
  • PCI Subsystem Settings (DOES NOT WORK, I mean if I try to enter I cannot)
  • Network Stack Configuration (it is just for UEFI network ... like pxe)
  • CSM configuration
  • NVMe Configuration
  • Switchable Graphics
  • USB configuration

THAT's all.