[SOLVED] How do I backup my entire pc and use it when needed, no external software

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
How do I backup my entire computer with few clicks without external software and use it properly when in need to reinstall a computer? (both if pc unbootable and normal status)

System Image still usable? I'm in 1909 of win10 and it still there so Microsoft decided to leave it alone? I remember they were going to remove that backup feature a while back.

Is there any way this? Plug in an external hdd or usb to backup and when pc unbootable or in working status, restore entire computer with all the things in it?

I want to use it if my computer breaks and can't arrive to the desktop, I do not want to do Reset This PC option everytime as its keeps absolutely nothing other than few shortcuts and broken registry.

Thank you

Solution
Macrium Reflect, and create an Image. Or a series of Images.

MUCH much better than what is included in Windows. Seriously.

That is the basis of my entire backup scenario.

I understand you're not wanting "external software"...but that IS the best solution.

USAFRet

Titan
Macrium Reflect, and create an Image. Or a series of Images.

MUCH much better than what is included in Windows. Seriously.

That is the basis of my entire backup scenario.

I understand you're not wanting "external software"...but that IS the best solution.

Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I think you can use Windows to create a backup image and know that 'create a restore point' is still working.
My biggest issue with both of those is virus related.

Personally like to use a clone software for any critical build, or ghost....but with that caveat isn't what you are looking for.

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Thanks you both, I decided to do a system image instead for full system backup, and it worked perfectly fine in my end, the advantage to me here is two times resetting the pc while in win logo screen gets me to the recovery screen before the desktop, where I can choose to restore system image and easily restore it from there. Before all of this, (literally yesterday) system restore was working %100 fine with all its services automatic and in working, even then I got a blue screen, but my problem is solved with this method so thanks anyway