how do i check what type of ddr my graphics card is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Er.... graphics cards come with its own memory, usually referred to as VRAM. It is separate to the RAM on your motherboard. There isn't really a need to check what sort of RAM the graphics card uses.

Xani

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2008

Not really, in modern times, it is very very useful to know what type of DDR5(the company) had produced that DDR cause not every company has the same quality and little things... similar to why you always check the Company making the DDR on your PC .. -_-

First i've heard of anyone checking the company that produces the GDDR5 on a GPU.

ThomasKK

Reputable
May 1, 2016

I call BS. The author only wanted to find out which type of DDR was his GPU, whether it is DDR3 or GDDR5. Actually, according to what you said, this is the same story: it's like buying a car and wanting to find out who made the leather that your seats are made of - yes, nobody cares since it is a minor part of the "thing" and only the producing company takes care of it, including warranty.

Also, i would like to know why it is "very useful" to know who produced my GDDR5 VRAM memory chip on my GPU? Are there any statistics claiming that for example MSI's GDDR5 is better than ASUS's?

To be fair ,the answer is yes if youre into overclocking anything & everything.
Hynix memory is very rarely capable of decent overclocks.

It was on plenty of the rx 480 cards,you will not find it on the 580 series.

edit - & I just realised I was duped into a commment on a 6 month old thread.

ThomasKK

Reputable
May 1, 2016
Yup, that guy revived the topic,

But still, GPU overclocking is almost useless since it only gives a 2-3% boost, which isn't even noticeable and takes a lot of time :| So even knowing who your GDDR5 was made by makes little to none difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.