Question how do i clean gpu without dismantling it?

barkersofgeraldine

Reputable
Nov 11, 2020
i have a 3060 thats 1 year old

ive dismantled gpus to cleaned them before but im hesitant in doing it to this gpu bc the thermal paste is still pretty new and dismantling it would mean that id have to replace it with an aftermarket one

do you guys have any unique ideas to clean the fans and the heatsink grills without dismantling the gpu? i have thought about using dental bristles bc theyre narrow enough to go through the grills AND compressed air - but are there any other options?

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
Blow air into it with an air compressor but hold the fans and DON'T put it too close (depends on what air compressor you're using), it is a pretty reliable way imo.
You hold a flashlight while doing it to see all of the nasty dust flying away (Optional but I like it)

Air cans could be an option too, but I hate them all since they make things wet, and I personally never had luck finding a good, nice and dry one.

Also, if your temps are within an acceptable range (I assume a 1 year old, already repasted & cleaned 3060 would have good thermals) I wouldn't bother, only do it when you're seeing frequency dropping because of heat or fans are running loudly.

TRENDING THREADS