[SOLVED] How do I clean the tempered glass side panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Should I use the microfiber cloth? My Pc's side tempered side panel has a lot of dust on it, whihc ruins the RGB look inside. Case is an ANT ESPORTS ICE 130 AG.
And yes, the glass is tempered and NOT Acrylic. Ant esports have stopped putting acrylic in this case now.

By the way, the microfiber cloth leaves some residue after using it.

Is it safe to put some pressure? I don't want to scratch it all up.

Solution
Considering the traditional way of removing water spots from glass is to burn them off with muriatic acid, it's clear that glass is a lot more chemical resistant and way harder to scratch than plastic.

I would wash the whole panel in soapy water, scrubbing as hard as needed with just my fingers, and include in the final rinse a tiny bit of fabric softener or dishwashing detergent. The whole point of which is to both drain the water off in a sheet (as droplets could leave water spots due to either hard water or calcium intentionally added by the water company to extend the life of pipes) and leave a slightly conductive film behind to discharge static (which attracts dust). I would use compressed air to blow off any remaining droplets...

Lutfij

Titan
Should I use the microfiber cloth?
Yes

By the way, the microfiber cloth leaves some residue after using it.
Then your brand of the cloth isn't up to par since it shouldn't leave any residue behind.

You might want to dust the panel off of any...dust, debris that might catch onto the cloth and induce scratches. You could conversely use soapy water and run it above the glass without touching it, have the suds take the dust off the glass. Then use the microfiber cloth to wipe the panel clean, once you've verified that there is no dust/dirt on the panel after the wash.

Considering the traditional way of removing water spots from glass is to burn them off with muriatic acid, it's clear that glass is a lot more chemical resistant and way harder to scratch than plastic.

I would wash the whole panel in soapy water, scrubbing as hard as needed with just my fingers, and include in the final rinse a tiny bit of fabric softener or dishwashing detergent. The whole point of which is to both drain the water off in a sheet (as droplets could leave water spots due to either hard water or calcium intentionally added by the water company to extend the life of pipes) and leave a slightly conductive film behind to discharge static (which attracts dust). I would use compressed air to blow off any remaining droplets, or distilled water doesn't leave water spots either, so you don't need to be as careful about drying everything perfectly

When lubricated with soapy water or Windex it's actually difficult to even scratch plastic. The usual suggestion of rubbing a dryer sheet over something to prevent static works too, but I've found it can leave smudges on very transparent materials.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.