Question How do I connect cooler master 3 pin fan plug to a 4 pin gigabyte sys_fan header?

25thfret

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015
I have a Cooler Master TD500 case with 3 LED fans in it and I want to connect them to a Gigabyte B450m-ds3h motherboard. The Cooler Master case plug for the fans is a THICK 3 pin plug while the mobo header is 4 pins with a tab on one side. The plug does not fit unless you force it over the tab. I've tried that and the fans do not spin. The Cooler Master plug has "Gigabyte" written on it, but it just doesn't fit and the fans don't spin. Do I need another mobo?

RealBeast

Titan
I have a Cooler Master TD500 case with 3 LED fans in it and I want to connect them to a Gigabyte B450m-ds3h motherboard. The Cooler Master case plug for the fans is a THICK 3 pin plug while the mobo header is 4 pins with a tab on one side. The plug does not fit unless you force it over the tab. I've tried that and the fans do not spin. The Cooler Master plug has "Gigabyte" written on it, but it just doesn't fit and the fans don't spin. Do I need another mobo?
It won't fit over the tab using the 3 pins?