How do i connect the HDMI to the motherboard?

Nov 4, 2018
Hi! I really need help with how to connect the HDMI to the motherboard. I don't want to connect it to the GPU (because it doesn't work) and I can't find anything on how to do it. I just need an explanation on how to connect it. Please help!

You first need a motherboard with an HDMI connector. You second need a processor with an integrated graphics capability, although some (older) motherboards have graphics integrated in the motherboard chipset.

Assuming you're possessed of the above you'll also have to remove the discrete GPU so the BIOS won't see it and disable the integrated graphics. Then, just connect your monitor's HDMI connector to the HDMI connector on the motherboard.

What motherboard do you have? what processor?

Nov 4, 2018

I have a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Motherboard but I can't tell what processor I have

Processor doesn't matter since that motherboard is an AM3 socket that doesn't support APU's. But it has integrated HD 3000 graphics with an integrated HDMI connector.

All you should need to do is remove the bad GPU and attach your monitor to the HDMI connector on the motherboard. The BIOS should automatically enable the on-board graphics.

Don't expect gaming wonders from HD3000, but it would certainly be sufficient to browse to your favorite e-tailer to pick up a decent GPU.

Nov 4, 2018

Okay, I'll try that. Thanks!