Question How do I control rgb fans with my motherboard?

May 10, 2023
Not sure if its the rgb pins that are broken but they dont seem to. I am trying to connect some old fans I had with my new pc, not sure which model but they came with my previous case. But I plugged everything in but the rgb doesnt seem to work although the fans are spinning. My motherboard is the asus rog strix b650-a gaming wifi and the fans are from corsair.

Not sure if its the rgb pins that are broken but they dont seem to. I am trying to connect some old fans I had with my new pc, not sure which model but they came with my previous case. But I plugged everything in but the rgb doesnt seem to work although the fans are spinning. My motherboard is the asus rog strix b650-a gaming wifi and the fans are from corsair.
You'll need to install Asus' Aura Sync Command Center software. You can download it from their website but on my Asus board there's a BIOS setting, defaulted to ENABLE, that instructs the OS to download and install it. Needless to say, that's a back-door and one of the first things I disable when I reset CMOS or update BIOS.

There is also another BIOS setting to turn Aura OFF, make sure it's ON to get RGB effects. I don't know if that's the motherboard LED's only or includes attached RGB devices.

And lastly: the fans have to be addressable RGB. If they're not A-RGB then you just get what they do and that's it.

May 10, 2023
You'll need to install Asus' Aura Sync Command Center software. You can download it from their website but on my Asus board there's a BIOS setting, defaulted to ENABLE, that instructs the OS to download and install it. Needless to say, that's a back-door and one of the first things I disable when I reset CMOS or update BIOS.

There is also another BIOS setting to turn Aura OFF, make sure it's ON to get RGB effects. I don't know if that's the motherboard LED's only or includes attached RGB devices.

And lastly: the fans have to be addressable RGB. If they're not A-RGB then you just get what they do and that's it.
My cpu fan and 2 front case fans (nzxt h5 flow rgb) do light up but the corsair fans dont. I checked the bios and installed armoury crate but the corsair fans dont light up

My cpu fan and 2 front case fans (nzxt h5 flow rgb) do light up but the corsair fans dont. I checked the bios and installed armoury crate but the corsair fans dont light up
Are you sure they're compatible with the Aura RGB control? I don't know that much about RGB (except to turn it off, fast) but I'm aware Corsair uses something called Corsair iCue which might require a different RGB hub (hardware) than the one on your Asus motherboard.

May 10, 2023
Are you sure they're compatible with the Aura RGB control? I don't know that much about RGB (except to turn it off, fast) but I'm aware Corsair uses something called Corsair iCue which might require a different RGB hub (hardware) than the one on your Asus motherboard.
The case fans I use are from the Corsair SPEC-DELTA RGB and on the website they say they are customizable by asus motherboard software, which I assume is armoury crate.