[SOLVED] How do I cool my processor

JacobiOneKanobi

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
I've tried everything! Ive done a bios factory reset, cmos reset, changed thermal paste. At this point I'm not sure what to do! My resting temperature is around 60 degrees and opening google it hops to 75 degrees. I'm scared to open games anymore. This isn't an old system because I built it around 2 years ago. I planned to get a vr system soon but now I'm not sure. Can somone suggest anything.

specs:
Cpu: i7-10700k
Gpu: rtx 2060
Ram: 32gb g.skill
Psu: 750w
Cpu cooler: Msi 240mm cooler

Solution
I've tried everything! Ive done a bios factory reset, cmos reset, changed thermal paste. At this point I'm not sure what to do! My resting temperature is around 60 degrees and opening google it hops to 75 degrees. I'm scared to open games anymore. This isn't an old system because I built it around 2 years ago. I planned to get a vr system soon but now I'm not sure. Can somone suggest anything.

specs:
Check CPU/core voltages, probably too high. Also try setting pump to run full speed all the time.

specs:
Check CPU/core voltages, probably too high. Also try setting pump to run full speed all the time.

Solution
If that's one of the MSI CoreLiquid models...that could be your problem right there.

They have their pump in the radiator. The radiator should be mounted in front, with one tank above the CPU/water block, so the pump doesn't starve for liquid.

If mounted in the top of your case it could be sucking air and not moving liquid. If mounted in the case bottom the water block could be full of air so the cooling fins aren't immersed in the moving liquid all the time.

TRENDING THREADS