How do I create a Wi-fi hotspot on my Windows XP

coder77

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
Okay I have given up. Followed every tutorial that I found on Google. It does not work. Am I missing a Hardware? My mobo is just 1 and half years old.

My internet is a wired net.

I tried TP-LINK 150 Mbps TL-WN721N Wireless Adapter USB, it did not work either.

Do I need to buy a separate LAN card?

Here I am sitting with an ipad mini for 4 days and I do not even have a wi-fi to access.

Solution
You should be able to set up the USB wireless adapter in ad hoc mode for the hot spot and use ICS from the wired adapter or bridge your wired Internet adapter to the wireless adapter in the network control panel. Of course that means that the computer will have to be turned on to use the wireless.

I would recommend getting a cheap TP-Link or Trendnet wireless router and configuring it as an AP so you don't have to leave the computer on all the time. You can use the Ethernet that goes to the computer and connect it to an LAN port on the AP and then connect your computer to one of the other LAN ports, as the other LAN ports will be just like a switch.

RealBeast

Titan
You should be able to set up the USB wireless adapter in ad hoc mode for the hot spot and use ICS from the wired adapter or bridge your wired Internet adapter to the wireless adapter in the network control panel. Of course that means that the computer will have to be turned on to use the wireless.

I would recommend getting a cheap TP-Link or Trendnet wireless router and configuring it as an AP so you don't have to leave the computer on all the time. You can use the Ethernet that goes to the computer and connect it to an LAN port on the AP and then connect your computer to one of the other LAN ports, as the other LAN ports will be just like a switch.

Solution