How do I cut the four stands on my Intel stock fan?

D

Deleted member 217926

Right so maybe try explaining what you're trying to do? Air blower? For? Why? Used how and where? What parts?

Reactions: Lutfij

DSzymborski

Titan
Again, what is this blower going to be used for? Given your history of extremely odd, possibly dangerous experiments, I'm unwilling to assist unless I know exactly what you're doing. And anyone in these threads should take the same approach at this point; we try to help people fix their problems, not help people burn down their houses in odd ways.

Reactions: DRagor

Ralston18

Titan
@DSzymborski is correct - the stands are not the only problem.

The problem is that you are taking a small fan meant to cool small electronic devices in an enclosed area and use that fan to do things that the fan is not designed to do, does not have the power to do, nor is the fan made for outdoor use.

Your time and energy indeed......

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
Me: can I get some help on my project?
All of my STEM friends:
Given your history of extremely odd, possibly dangerous experiments, I'm unwilling to assist

The first thing I remember doing was taking apart a disposable camera and got to remove the flash cap, yeah, I did exactly what you're thinking but in a complex way. I grabbed my brother's toy truck that used AA batteries and put the cap there. The bang from the spark was so loud it startled the neighbors who thought someone was shot, the toy was obviously completely obliterated and the cap literally fused to the battery terminals. My mom hit me so hard with the belt it left a scar on my back, I was 7 yo at the time.
After that everything went sort of downhill I guess lol

Now a leaf blower out of a stock fan? well, could work if it's a miniature, did you know most Intel stock fans can work up to 17V and sound like a legitimate jet engine? Fact. Ghetto overclocked PC builds will be grateful, won't last long at that voltage but definitely drops temps by a few degrees, tested it paired with the tall stock heatsink.

Don't give up on your experiments OP, just don't go daredevil when handling live wires, caps or power supplies. Time isn't wasted if your gadgets serve a purpose.

DSzymborski

Titan
Me: can I get some help on my project?
All of my STEM friends:

Sorry, but this guy has posted some things that legitimately could burn down his house, without showing he has any understanding of how electricity works. I can't ethically assist him given his history.

I have a friend who is a surgeon. If I ask him how to perform heart surgery on myself, I will not get a response that will help me in the project.

TRENDING THREADS