[SOLVED] How do I delete undeleteable programs in windows 10 ?

Nov 27, 2022
I reinstalled windows 10.

I want to get rid of all windows 10 undeletable programs.

As you can see in the photo below. These icons are all shown after clicking on windows icon on lower left hand corner.

View: https://i.imgur.com/XgZWnK3.jpeg

View: https://i.imgur.com/hTzIn1U.jpeg

Want to even delete Get Help.

So I want to delete all these programs as well as want to remove these icons showing after clicking on windows icon.
I already did tried many things and deleted cortana, microsoft edge, microsoft store, and other unnecessary annoying programs.

Since these programs aren't supposed to be deleted, it's kind of hard to know if it is completely removed or not and the icons
still remain undeleteable.

I think I also deleted News and interests not really sure. but I can't see show News and interests so probably deleted.
And would really love to remove People too. Not sure if I deleted this.

Solution
It is not recommended to delete these built-in programs in Windows 10 as they are essential for the proper functioning of the operating system.

that's total nonsense. true there are some things that are essential, however one drive, camera, xbox app and phone linker etc etc etc are def not 1 or more of them. they are bloat plain and simple and some folks just don't want em on their system. if you're ok with it, fine, then let em be.

so much hate on an "enthusiast" forum when someone actually wants to tweak their system a bit. you're not alone many many people want it gone so there are lots of ways to go about it.

among many 3rd party apps that will do it is CCleaner, there's also Win10Debloater that runs from powershell...

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008
It is not recommended to delete these built-in programs in Windows 10 as they are essential for the proper functioning of the operating system. If you want to remove the icons from the Start menu, you can right-click on each icon and select "Unpin from Start" to remove it from the menu. However, this will not delete the program itself.

DSzymborski

Titan

As you can see in the photo below. These icons are all shown after clicking on windows icon on lower left hand corner.

Then use a Linux distribution for your OS.

We get a flood of threads here from people wanting to "fix" meaningless things in Windows, some who even make it an obsession, and after clumsy hacking away at their OS, either need to reinstall at best or lose their data at worst. The benefit of not having to see an icon for something you don't use sometimes is generally outweighed by the downside.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

View: https://i.imgur.com/XgZWnK3.jpeg

View: https://i.imgur.com/hTzIn1U.jpeg

Want to even delete Get Help.

So I want to delete all these programs as well as want to remove these icons showing after clicking on windows icon.
I already did tried many things and deleted cortana, microsoft edge, microsoft store, and other unnecessary annoying programs.

Since these programs aren't supposed to be deleted, it's kind of hard to know if it is completely removed or not and the icons
still remain undeleteable.

I think I also deleted News and interests not really sure. but I can't see show News and interests so probably deleted.
And would really love to remove People too. Not sure if I deleted this.
Give revo uninstaller a test drive.

Make sure you have a way to go back.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
It is not recommended to delete these built-in programs in Windows 10 as they are essential for the proper functioning of the operating system.

that's total nonsense. true there are some things that are essential, however one drive, camera, xbox app and phone linker etc etc etc are def not 1 or more of them. they are bloat plain and simple and some folks just don't want em on their system. if you're ok with it, fine, then let em be.

so much hate on an "enthusiast" forum when someone actually wants to tweak their system a bit. you're not alone many many people want it gone so there are lots of ways to go about it.

among many 3rd party apps that will do it is CCleaner, there's also Win10Debloater that runs from powershell. plenty of others since this is not exactly a rare question from people.

as a side note, all of this will be put back everytime windows has a major update. the patches are minimal installers but the major updates are usually full OS installs and puts all that right back. so you will have to get used to doing it over and over. at one point you could script it, but MS keeps changing the random app identifiers so you have to keep updating the script with the new one to run the script successfully

Last edited:
Solution

shengton

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2008

among many 3rd party apps that will do it is CCleaner, there's also Win10Debloater that runs from powershell. plenty of others since this is not exactly a rare question from people.

as a side note, all of this will be put back everytime windows has a major update. the patches are minimal installers but the major updates are usually full OS installs and puts all that right back. so you will have to get used to doing it over and over. at one point you could script it, but MS keeps changing the random app identifiers so you have to keep updating the script with the new one to run the script successfully
That being said, it's understandable that not everyone wants or needs the same features on their system, and it's certainly possible to remove or disable certain apps or features if you don't find them useful. There are various tools and methods available for doing this, including the ones you mentioned, such as CCleaner and Win10Debloater. Keep in mind, however, that major updates to the operating system may restore or reinstall the apps or features that you've removed, so you may need to repeat the process after each update.
I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

DSzymborski

Titan
That being said, it's understandable that not everyone wants or needs the same features on their system, and it's certainly possible to remove or disable certain apps or features if you don't find them useful. There are various tools and methods available for doing this, including the ones you mentioned, such as CCleaner and Win10Debloater. Keep in mind, however, that major updates to the operating system may restore or reinstall the apps or features that you've removed, so you may need to repeat the process after each update.
I hope this information helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Invariably what happens around here is that someone removes a couple of the obvious apps. And one thing leads to another and next thing you know, they're artlessly hacking off system processes like some quack back alley doctor in a post-apocalyptic movie.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Invariably what happens around here is that someone removes a couple of the obvious apps. And one thing leads to another and next thing you know, they're artlessly hacking off system processes like some quack back alley doctor in a post-apocalyptic movie.

that is very true. lord knows we've seen it often enough. hopefully the OP sticks to the bloat apps and then leaves it alone. once you get into services and other things to remove, then yah it opens a big Pandora's box that can lead to a destroyed and non-bootable OS for sure. i'll def not argue against that :)

stick to the bloatware apps and it's not really a big deal. i don't use win 10/11 but i do recall how quickly they added more and more bloat to it. do they still force candy crush and other freemium games on the install?

Nov 27, 2022

I'm so sick of windows forcing more and more. upgrades, invasive news and interests which you can just go to the browser and search not forced like watching tv.
spyware data collection free money. having to spend hours and hours everytime to delete these and untick the data collection blah blah.
even if linux gets complicated, I still get to learn linux instead of getting stressed. and eventually I will get used to it unlike windows never ending ads that will
probably gonna show up on my desk top back ground unable to turn it off around 2025.

I'm gonna move to linux. FINALLY SILENCE for me ! hahaha =D
seriously the only way to win.