how do i downgrade from windows 10 without the saved windows 8

weeman8888

Reputable
May 27, 2014
so I "upgraded" to windows 10 and it was working great for awhile then there became a whole load of problems and now i just want to go back to the old windows 8 but i deleted the backup file cause it took alot of space. i have the windows 8 disk with my computer but i dont have a disk tray. is there anyway of installing windows 8 online without using the disk? i have all the codes if that helps.

Thanks Lias

Solution
Hi

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

(though this is UK page it may divert to another one for non UK connections )

choose 32 or 64 bit version according to Windows operating system you will do download from not version you intend to download.
When downloading Win 10 Choose the correct language, and version Home or Pro and 32 or 64 bit version
(no point in having 64 bit version if you have less than 4GB of RAM)

Go to website of PC or motherboard manufacturer to get windows 10 drivers
motherboard chipset, sound, ethernet network/wireless network , (power management is important for laptops)
graphics chipset may come from manufacturer of graphics chipset (AMD, NVidia or Intel)

If Windows 10 drivers not...

Gourab Sarkar

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
You can install windows 8 from a 4GB (min) USB drive. No disk tray is mandatory. There are many softwares like PowerISO or Rufus which allow you to convert your USB drive to a bootable USB drive. But remember any pre-existing data will be erased. After you have successfully reverted to windows 8 just format your USB drive & it'll be as it was.

PS: you need to have an .iso image file on your computer to do this. I hope that is what your Windows 8 disk as mentioned in question is.
Hope this helps. :)

Hi

Why not try re installing Windows 10 from scratch and see if that works OK
get all the drivers required from website of motherboard & graphics card manufacturer

especially any ethernet network or Wireless network driver (depending on which you use for the internet)

A clean Windows install is usually better than an upgrade

Microsoft has a program to download Win 10 and make bootable USB or DVD disk.

The Win 8 DVD can be used instead of a ISO image on the hard drive to make a bootable Win 8 USB disk

If you were on Windows 10 for more than a month you may have to use MS telephone activation system to allow you to re activate Win 8 (or 8.1)

regard
Mike Barnes

weeman8888

Reputable
May 27, 2014

thanks so much for the response ill check it out. as this is not my area of experties i will need some time

weeman8888

Reputable
May 27, 2014

can you link me to the page for the fresh copy of windows 10 or is it simple on there website. and how should i backup all my stuff? please give me step by step instructions cause i am not to sure how to do alot of the stuff you were talking about..

thanks Lias

Hi

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

(though this is UK page it may divert to another one for non UK connections )

choose 32 or 64 bit version according to Windows operating system you will do download from not version you intend to download.
When downloading Win 10 Choose the correct language, and version Home or Pro and 32 or 64 bit version
(no point in having 64 bit version if you have less than 4GB of RAM)

Go to website of PC or motherboard manufacturer to get windows 10 drivers
motherboard chipset, sound, ethernet network/wireless network , (power management is important for laptops)
graphics chipset may come from manufacturer of graphics chipset (AMD, NVidia or Intel)

If Windows 10 drivers not available maybe it is best to go back to Win 8 until the Win 10 drivers are available

Since you went to Windows 10 once before, the Windows Rediness (Get Windows 10 icon) should have reported any incompatibilities and Windows 10 may have all the drivers you need

Regarding data backup what do you do currently?
You will need a external USB hard drive, network connection to another PC or Cloud Backup service
With only small amounts of data a large good quality USB memory stick or set of DVD-R (or DVD-rw) disks may be enough

regards
Mike Barnes

Solution