How do I fix echo/reverb with audio?

Jun 7, 2018
After installing the most recent driver(It was an optional driver 18.5.1) for AMD, my sound settings were completely changed, while everything else is fine the sound changed to this echoey reverb effect, I checked all the settings and even clean installed the drivers again but the effect persists. I cant play games or listen to videos without being completely annoyed by everything sounding like a room with heavy reverb.

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor

Gpu: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 580

Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 8 GB

Solution
make sure there are no effects selected. The drivers may have installed other sound programs where the settings may reside.
Look at installed programs list in windows and run each sound specific one.

ameyer75

Reputable
May 17, 2017
Do you have Realtek software installed? Double check that there isn't any extra software installed that will override the native windows settings. My guess is that you have Sound Blaster or some other free software that came with your motherboard installed that is changing the effects to that of an open room.

Jun 7, 2018

Thank you. It turns out after the driver update a program called Waves Maxxaudio was installed (most likely from the latest windows update). I went into Control Panel > Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers and uninstalled Realtek Audio by updating the driver to the Windows default one by going through the list of available options (note there is only Realtek and HD Audio the default windows setting). This ceased Waves Maxxaudio and after doing the same process to reinstall Realtek, the problem has ceased. Thank you again!