Question How do I fix my fans staying at full rpm they never slow down and go quiet

Jan 28, 2020
I built my pc before christmas and it is my second build but the first unsupervised. I use a Cooler Master H500m and a Gigabyte Pro(non wifi) motherboard, I also use a NZXT Kraken x52 cpu cooler. From what I remember I had to connect all the cables from my case fans and cpu cooler through the H500m's rgb hub to make things work and then finally plug a cable into the board. It is the 2 front fans on my case that seem to be the problem.

Any help would be appreciated

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
So if your problem is the fans slowing down, I don't really see why that is a problem in the first place. That indicates that you have good temperatures, and it is most likely doing that to save energy. However, if you want it to stay constant, you can go to your gigabyte bios, and change the fan curve.

Jan 28, 2020
So if your problem is the fans slowing down, I don't really see why that is a problem in the first place. That indicates that you have good temperatures, and it is most likely doing that to save energy. However, if you want it to stay constant, you can go to your gigabyte bios, and change the fan curve.
My fans after playing games or editing do not slow back down and go silent after use heavy use. The moment I open a game of editing software the fans spin up to full rpm and volume and stay like that. I must restart my PC to get them silent again.
Sorry for the confusion

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
My fans after playing games or editing do not slow back down and go silent after use heavy use. The moment I open a game of editing software the fans spin up to full rpm and volume and stay like that. I must restart my PC to get them silent again.
Sorry for the confusion
What are your temps during the time?
Also, check your fan curves.