[SOLVED] How do I fix my keyboard doing random things

Zeroinstitute

Prominent
Jun 3, 2020
So randomly my keyboard will stop working, and begin doing other actions. In playing an mom and after a short while my keyboard will stop allow9ng me to type move or anything instead it will toggle sounds and things like that, when I press escape it acts as if it's the windows key and completely tabs out, furthermore when left clicking an icon on my homescreen once itll highlight but when I press left click on another icon it highlights both of them instead of switching like usual restarting the computer fixes the problem for a varying time between 15 mins and a few hours please help

Colif

Win 11 Master
done an antivirus scan?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Zeroinstitute

Prominent
Jun 3, 2020
done an antivirus scan?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.
I have done a clean wipe of my entire computer and it changed nothing, I remember this happening to a laptop I had a few months back and the problem randomly stopped after a few weeks, but I cant really just wait weeks for it to go away

Zeroinstitute

Prominent
Jun 3, 2020
clean boot isn't a clean install. All clean boot does is removes all startup programs so we can see if perhaps they are the cause

the programs are still on pc, they just don't start with pc.
After completly wiping my drives and resetting the whole pc to factory settings with nothing installed the problem continues any suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS