How do I fix Nokia Play 360 speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahesh Abnave

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013
I have Nokia Play 360 bluetooth speaker.
Suddenly its sound diminished to the level of headphones.
Also something was moving inside it, when I move the speaker.
So opened it and realised that speaker plastic was broken as can be seen in below pics. Also you can see top right side pic that one of the soldering is removed. Is the speaker still in the workable condition? I dont know basic working of speakers. Should I learn that too? I guess the button, bluetooth and NFC circuit is in good condition as I can still work with them (connecting to it from mobile is fine). Can I quickly fix this speaker on my own, without going through learning? Or can someone provide some quick guidance? Can I buy this as a spare part? Also if I dont find the exact model, how do I know which one will be compatible?

From the model numbers, it seems that this is this speaker: http://www.tymphany.com/wp-content/themes/pathfinders/cache/pdfs/PLS-P830985.pdf

speaker.png

Solution
If you want to replace just the speaker, you are looking at
- same physical size (inches, millimeters)
- same power rating (watts)
- same impedance (Ohms)

At best, I would contact original manufacturer for replacement. But looking at how bad the plastic itself is broken, I doubt you'll get anything resembling the original product.

LilDog1291

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
With the plastic housing busted as bad as it is the speaker will have no way of vibrating properly to produce sound. The speaker would have to be replaced with a spare if you really wanted to fix it but I doubt you'll be able to find one.

Mahesh Abnave

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2013

Do you think whether I will be able to find compatible one? I mean other model from some other company if not exactly this model and stuffs will simply work? What parameters in the speaker specs should I look for compatibility in the spec sheet at the link specified in the original question? And how should I compare the specifications against this speaker and possible alternative? Also any recommended alternative with similar performance?

If you want to replace just the speaker, you are looking at
- same physical size (inches, millimeters)
- same power rating (watts)
- same impedance (Ohms)

At best, I would contact original manufacturer for replacement. But looking at how bad the plastic itself is broken, I doubt you'll get anything resembling the original product.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.