Question How do i fix the flicker/shimmering when i move my camera in game?

Jan 31, 2021
Hi,

I built my PC a month ago. And in some games I notice a flicker or shimmering when I'm standing still and move the camera. In RDR2 for instance, I only see it at night and when still. If I'm moving and move the camera it's not noticeable. It shimmers a ton in PUBG. Yet when I play Cyberpunk this issue doesn't happen at all. I tried adjusting the AA using TAA FXAA, etc, but it still happens. Or is it just normal? I really don't know. Here's a capture i took quickly.
View: https://youtu.be/IyLvVy2m7dA

Here's my build:
5600x
3080 Ventus OC
32 GB Ram
MSI 550 Pro A Mobo
I play 1440p and my monitor is 165hz w/freesync enabled.

Thanks for any help!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

In all honesty, all I can see is darkness. Maybe parse a video of gameplay with more light(daytime). Also, you forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU.

You might want to see if your motherboard is pending any BIOS updates, then see if you're on the latest version for Windows 10. Following that download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, use DDU to uninstall current GPU drivers, then reinstall the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Mind if I ask where you sourced the games from?

Jan 31, 2021
Hi - it's a
Super Flower Leadex III 850W 80+ Gold,

Yeah, the Youtube compression doesn't help.

I actually think i figured it out that it's VA ghosting from my monitor. It's a G32QC and i read extensive reviews and threads about the same issue. I wish I had done a little bit more research before purchasing it.

Thank you for your help!

Mar 29, 2023
Hi - it's a
Super Flower Leadex III 850W 80+ Gold,

Yeah, the Youtube compression doesn't help.

I actually think i figured it out that it's VA ghosting from my monitor. It's a G32QC and i read extensive reviews and threads about the same issue. I wish I had done a little bit more research before purchasing it.

Thank you for your help!
I'm 2 years late to this but turn Soft Shadows off and it should fix this. I'm also using a VA panel and Soft Shadows seem to cause a lot of issues in RDR2