Question How do I fix this?

Dec 6, 2021
Not sure if this is considered ghosting or smearing. I would like to know if this is a problem with the monitor or if I can fix it via its settings I may have overlooked. It is most apparent in games but I can notice it even when scrolling a web page.

My monitor is the MSI Optix G32CQ4.

Here is the problem: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CPSUZ5Q77jBnhrTA9. The image flickering or distorting when I move side to side. And like I said, this can also be reproduced when browsing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 6, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Ok, here goes. All items were new when I bought them last year when building my PC.

PSU: Corsair HX 620W
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 Super
DRIVES: Seagate BarraCuda 510 SSD ZP1000CM30001, Western Digital WDS100T3X0C. Each is a little over 50% full. Each has 1 TB capacity.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core
MB: Asus ROG STRIX B550 I-Gaming
MEMORY: 16gb

I

Ralston18

Titan
My first thought is that the PSU is a prime suspect. If it has been heaving used for gaming the PSU may be nearing its' designed in EOL (End of Life).

However, before doing anything take a closer look at system performance.

You can use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to do just that. Use both tools but only one at a time.

Observe system performance while the computer idles, then while doing light work or browsing, and then while gaming.

Determine what system resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource when the flickering etc. occurs.

= = = =

Another thing you can do:

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Ensure by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly seated. Also remember to check all video, audio, and peripheral cables. Likewise for all applicable power connections.

Also use a bright flashlight to look for any signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, browning or blackening anywhere. Pinched or kinked wires.
Swollen components, signs of leaking components. cracks anywhere, etc..

Dec 6, 2021
So I tried everything, examined and cleaned the guts of my machine, all fine. Used the same game in the above link when checking through Task Manager/Resource Manager, got very high usage from the game as expected. I even tried hooking up the monitor from my work PC and same flicker issue. Oddly enough, I installed the game on my work PC and found the same issue, though that machine is considerably older. I don't know what else to do.