How do I get a fresh windows on a new SSD, and delete everything on my old HDD

Magnus Engen

Reputable
May 28, 2014
Hi!

I've just purchased Windows 8 and made an iso-file for it (I dont have any cd-readers on my pc), and I'm picking up a new SSD today aswell. But I want to clear out everything on the old HDD. But the problem is that my other usb-stick didnt work to create an iso-file for clearing it out, so I don't know what to do now. Is it possible to install the new windows and have it boot from the SSD, and then delete everything on the HDD, or do I have to clear out the HDD first?

I would be very happy for any answers, as I want to get going asap.

Thank you!

Solution
During the installation of Windows 8, you'll be able to delete every data on all your drives. Before you install Windows 8, you'll have to plug in the SSD, and then boot into the installation. Afterwards you delete everything you want to, and install Win8 on your SSD.

fjaesbog

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
During the installation of Windows 8, you'll be able to delete every data on all your drives. Before you install Windows 8, you'll have to plug in the SSD, and then boot into the installation. Afterwards you delete everything you want to, and install Win8 on your SSD.

Solution

Magnus Engen

Reputable
May 28, 2014

Thank you!