Question How do I get CPU and or GPU to higher usage for Adobe Premiere Pro

Jun 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

I had a Comp built for editing. It should be a beast... But it's acting like a kitten...

Samsung Evo m.2 500 GB for OS
1 EVO m.2 2TB for storage. and all externals are t5 2TB
AMD Thredripper 2950X 16 core
64GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Asrock x399 Taichi Atx Motherboard

My CPU won't go above 16% when I was analyzing footage with "warp stabilizer " , and GPU usage was at 2.4%
it took 26 min for a 33-second clip with 1455 frames.

Is there anything I can do to up the usage?
I have been looking through threads and most seem to do with just rendering. And that doesn't help either.

Premier Build 13.1.5 (build 37)
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for any help I can get.

Ralston18

Titan
Is Adobe up-to-date?

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe what your computer is doing.

Pick one tool or the other (Task Manager or Resource Monitor) not both at the same time.

Leave the window open but drag to one side so you can continually observe what your system is doing.

First while not using Adobe and then while using Adobe to render a clip.

Once you get a sense of how each tool works and the information being presented start taking a closer look at what is actually happening.

Take your time, keep notes, and change only one thing at a time.

No need to immediately react to any given issue. Do some additional research and testing to verify what the problem may be.

Then that problem can be specifically addressed.

Sep 28, 2019
Sounds like it takes one logical thread/core for processing(assuming single-thread OP)

An not familiar with that "warp stabilizer", but if it's linear stuff/algo need to be done, GPU won't help at all, neither lot's of CPU cores.

Please confirm, during work, one core/thread of your CPU is kind of 100%, so assume your app/work goes in non-GPU single-thread.

TRENDING THREADS