[SOLVED] How do I get my Earbud Microphone to work on my computer?

varkidnapper88

Commendable
Jul 13, 2019
I was given a jack splitter by a friend that split the mic and audio jack. I plugged my earbuds jack into it and tried to configure it but it doesn't recognize any noise I make. Very slightly, if something like a youtube video is playing, it would pick that up instead of my voice. However, the earbud mic works fine on my phone. What do I do to make this work? My earbuds are the Panasonic ergofit with mic.

Solution
I figured out the problem. The earbuds jack wasn't fully pushed in. I only didn't find out earlier because the fit was so tight I was worried I might break the jack or it was simply not meant to get pushed in any further, but lo and behold, a last resort push fit it completely in and the mic worked.
Did you want your earbud headphones to also playback sound? If you only wanted to use it as a mic, then you could connect the headphones directly into the mic jack.

If you want the headphones to do both, then we will need to figure out if the splitter is working properly. What is the brand and model of the splitter? I recommend plugging the headphones directly into the mic jack to setup and test the mic. To setup and test audio playback, you can plug the headphone directly into the line out jack.

I was given a jack splitter by a friend that split the mic and audio jack. I plugged my earbuds jack into it and tried to configure it but it doesn't recognize any noise I make. Very slightly, if something like a youtube video is playing, it would pick that up instead of my voice. However, the earbud mic works fine on my phone. What do I do to make this work? My earbuds are the Panasonic ergofit with mic.

Try another splitter model.

varkidnapper88

Commendable
Jul 13, 2019
I figured out the problem. The earbuds jack wasn't fully pushed in. I only didn't find out earlier because the fit was so tight I was worried I might break the jack or it was simply not meant to get pushed in any further, but lo and behold, a last resort push fit it completely in and the mic worked.

Solution