Question How do i get my PC to run like day 1

Aug 25, 2019
when i first built my pc (8700k gtx 1080 16 gigs ddr4 3200) when i played game like rainbow six siege i would hit into the 300 fps range, 1 year later (i did add a second monitor) my computer struggles to hold 144 at the same settings is this because i added a second monitor or does anyone else have any ideas? thanks!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Things get installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, updates, more background running rubbish yadda yadda. Depending on how the computer was used, overtime, can slow down a bit. To get a PC like new again is usually a full wipe and Windows reinstall.

Could be the monitor. Have you tried disconnecting it and test?

What are your temps and speeds like under load/ or when playing?

Aug 25, 2019
Things get installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, updates, more background running rubbish yadda yadda. Depending on how the computer was used, overtime, can slow down a bit. To get a PC like new again is usually a full wipe and Windows reinstall.

Could be the monitor. Have you tried disconnecting it and test?

What are your temps and speeds like under load/ or when playing?
Temps never really get above 60 and load can tend to push the 80 percent even when running lower quality than I began with but overall it runs smooth and isn't dropping frames just isnt hitting the same threshold and no I should try disconnecting the monitor and testing. I've recently thought about adding a second 1080 with SLI or possibly going up to a 2080 but wanted to know if it was even necessary