[SOLVED] How do I go about Air Cooling the Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic?

Jul 18, 2019
I will order the following parts:

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Fans for intake (side panel): 3 Lian Li Bora Digital Fans
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
CPU: AMD 3900x
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700XT
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A

Using 3 fans on the side only, is enough?
3 intake only? 3 exhaust only?
I can´t figure out.
Any help will be appreciated

Solution
I have a build coming up in this case. I'm going to install 9 120 mm fans. It's probably overkill, and might be outright dumb, but whatever I have plenty of fans. I'll be doing bottom and side intake with top exhaust. I plan to have each zone on its own fan hub and connected to a separate fan header. This case is ideally suited to water cooling but the Scythe Fuma 2 I bought clears and I hope will have no problems cooling the 3900x. The CPU is the last part I need. Just waiting to sell one of my other builds so I can grab one when they are in stock.

CPU Cooler: Scythe - FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL 15...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
This case offers lots of options. But essentially the side of the case is the equivalent of the front. This would normally be intake.

Top is normally exhaust.

You could also use the bottom as an intake and exhaust out the top.

Can't say it would make perfect sense, but you could do top intake and bottom intake and use the side as exhaust. Might do this in the case of using the side mount as an AIO radiator exhaust.

If you had three intake fans only, it should still push air out of the case. A positive pressure only system.

Possibly AIO side mounted radiator as intake, top exhaust, bottom intake.

rigg42

Respectable
Oct 17, 2018
I have a build coming up in this case. I'm going to install 9 120 mm fans. It's probably overkill, and might be outright dumb, but whatever I have plenty of fans. I'll be doing bottom and side intake with top exhaust. I plan to have each zone on its own fan hub and connected to a separate fan header. This case is ideally suited to water cooling but the Scythe Fuma 2 I bought clears and I hope will have no problems cooling the 3900x. The CPU is the last part I need. Just waiting to sell one of my other builds so I can grab one when they are in stock.

CPU Cooler: Scythe - FUMA 2 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL 15 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung - 960 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Red Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon VII 16 GB Video Card
Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - PQ 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit
Case Fan: Corsair - ML120 75 CFM 120 mm Fans Case Fan: Corsair - ML120 75 CFM 120 mm Fans (3)
Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.33 CFM 120 mm Fan (6)

Solution