How do I go about Updating the BIOS?

Solution
Hi,

Normally unless Yore are facing problem, I don't recommend to update the Bios at all.
However, when it comes to Agesa Bios update, I do strongly suggest to update.

Only the latest one, no need to do step by step, since the later version will automatically overwrite the previous version - and it will increase the risk.
In the manual http://asrock.nl/downloadsite/Manual/AB350M%20Pro4.pdf
Page 44

The BIOS file downloaded resides in a .zip file. Just save it on any place and double click to expand the real BIOS file.
Then copy it (or just drag it) into a FAT32 formatted USB stick and this should be put in one of the the rear USB ports of the computer (if stationary).
Then enter the BIOS setup, follow the instructions above...
Hi,

Normally unless Yore are facing problem, I don't recommend to update the Bios at all.
However, when it comes to Agesa Bios update, I do strongly suggest to update.

Only the latest one, no need to do step by step, since the later version will automatically overwrite the previous version - and it will increase the risk.
In the manual http://asrock.nl/downloadsite/Manual/AB350M%20Pro4.pdf
Page 44

The BIOS file downloaded resides in a .zip file. Just save it on any place and double click to expand the real BIOS file.
Then copy it (or just drag it) into a FAT32 formatted USB stick and this should be put in one of the the rear USB ports of the computer (if stationary).
Then enter the BIOS setup, follow the instructions above meaning that in one of the menus there will be a menu that allows You to update the Bios UEFI firmware.
Just check it out before so You know where to find it.

Really, I have never done this with at newer AMD motherboard, but this is the normal procedure on most of the modern UEFI motherboards.

Only one hing to remember: Never turn off Your computer nor touch anything during Bios flashing. or else it could be trouble.
Best regards from Sweden

Solution

Oliver_16

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

Thank you. The reason why I wanted to update this motherboard is because I think it has some options available on the 3.00 version on this mobo. I believe it was the cpu voltage thats available on 3.00 and not on the previous versions.
But thanks I forgot on whether you need to do it step by step, now I know, Thank You.

Oliver_16

Reputable
Feb 3, 2016

Thanks I have already done it and my bios version is now 3.00. I did put the USB in the USB 2.0 behind the PC in the ports in I/O shield