Question How do i have more usable RAM?

fasith

Prominent
Sep 7, 2019
How do i have more usable RAM? right now my computer is saying i only have 1.5 from my 2 2gb ram or is that normal?
if i want more ram just buy and stick 2 more in it?

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
System Model: FM2A88M Extreme4+
Processor: AMD A8-7670K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 4GB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I actually don't know what info about my pc do i need to give

How much RAM is reserved for your APU? Look in your motherboard BIOS under "Advanced > Share Memory".

Share Memory
This allows you to set the share memory feature. The default value is [Auto]. Configuration options: [Auto], [32MB], [64MB], [128MB], [256MB] [512MB], [1GB] and [2GB].

fasith

Prominent
Sep 7, 2019
How much RAM is reserved for your APU? Look in your motherboard BIOS under "Advanced > Share Memory".

Share Memory
This allows you to set the share memory feature. The default value is [Auto]. Configuration options: [Auto], [32MB], [64MB], [128MB], [256MB] [512MB], [1GB] and [2GB].
How do i do that? I try press f2 before starting window and it's bring me to Asus setup utility page i don't see andthing about APU or share memory in Advanced as well

Remeca

Reputable
A

Any reason why? If i buy 2 new RAM and put it in i still have 2 slot left for the old one
I mean i don't want it to go to waste or something
If you buy a pair they are going to work better together. So 2x 4gb that are the same will work better than 2x 2gb one brand and 2x 2gb another . If you have enough money to fill all four slots with good matched memory, you might as well save a bit more and buy a new cpu/mobo and get ddr4.

D

Deleted member 14196

leaving it your system probably won't work. you should never mix ram kits. wrong move. use the new ram and give away the old or throw it out.