[SOLVED] How do I hit max boost clock speed on my Ryzen CPU

Razzzor

Reputable
Aug 15, 2019
My CPU is always hitting with maximum workload 3.7 GHz which is the Base Clock speed. What do I have to do in order to hit 4.2 GHz ?
It once hit 3.8 GHz when I ran Cinebench R20.
51EM5fc.png

Solution
Install the latest BIOS for your motherboard. That would be a good place to start. Replacing the stock cooler with an aftermarket cooler that is a lot more capable, would be a close second in terms of being helpful.

Also, I would be a LOT less worried about losing performance from a 100-200mhz difference in CPU clock speed, for now anyhow, then I would about the fact that you only have a single stick of memory installed and are not able to take advantage of doubled bandwidth like you would with two sticks running in dual channel.
Install the latest BIOS for your motherboard. That would be a good place to start. Replacing the stock cooler with an aftermarket cooler that is a lot more capable, would be a close second in terms of being helpful.

Also, I would be a LOT less worried about losing performance from a 100-200mhz difference in CPU clock speed, for now anyhow, then I would about the fact that you only have a single stick of memory installed and are not able to take advantage of doubled bandwidth like you would with two sticks running in dual channel.

Solution

Razzzor

Reputable
Aug 15, 2019

yeah I'll update RAM soon for dual channel. So I don't need to change some settings on BIOS. It happens on its own?