How do i hook my router/motem/slinglink turbo all togeather

Spicy_benie

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Ok, so heres the story. I moved my computer and a think a few things got disconnected and when i tried to plug them back in it all got messed up. I have pictures and am confused what goes where. As of right now i just have a ethernet connection from my computer to surfboard modem. However the wifi is not working and im confused what went wrong. So here are pictures of everything

Modem :

Router:
null_zps4de68279.jpg
[/URL]

Slinglink turbo(what is this lol?)
null_zpsc4243c39.jpg
[/URL]

So as you can see the modem has my Ethernet cable, a black cable and a power cord. The black cable goes into the wall. Also there is another grey cable coming out of the wall and im not sure if it needs to go in somewhere? It says cat extreme 3 on it and has a Ethernet connector type thing on the end. Thanks for all the help

ChrisIT95

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
Plug your modem into the 'internet' port on your linksys router. Now plug in your power-line plug into the router. The other plug must have the ethernet cable connecting to your slingbox. You should have two powerline homeplugs in total.

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/images/NEWS/1308/GAMLAG_IMG3.jpg

If your slingbox is near your router anyway, dont use the home plugs. Just connect the yellow ethernet cable from the slingbox to the router straight. The homeplugs is so you can have your slingbox away from your router. The homeplugs use your electrical wiring in your house as ethernet cables in simple words.

Spicy_benie

Honorable
May 19, 2012

ok, ive been trying to figure this out but can't. So i put a ethernet connection from my modem to the internet slot on router, and then what?

ChrisIT95

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013

Lets break it down
Alright so you got the router into the modem, thats fine.
Is your sling box going to be near your router?

Spicy_benie

Honorable
May 19, 2012

To be honest chris, im not sure what the slingbox does so sure it can be as it has been in the past. If you could explain what it does it would also be a help lol :D