How do I install drivers if I only have ethernet and wifi without drivers installed?

May 12, 2018
I'm planning to build my first pc and I don't know how to install drivers if I need drivers for my internet to work, so can I do it without a USB wifi adapter?

Solution

What you should do is, from another working PC, download the relevant LAN and WiFi driver. Save to a USB stick.
Given that, you can get anything else.

But...the OS will almost certainly install a basic LAN driver.
WiFi, probably not.

But if this is a desktop, why WiFi?

USAFRet

Titan

What you should do is, from another working PC, download the relevant LAN and WiFi driver. Save to a USB stick.
Given that, you can get anything else.

But...the OS will almost certainly install a basic LAN driver.
WiFi, probably not.

But if this is a desktop, why WiFi?

Solution
May 12, 2018

I don't have an ethernet port where my pc is going to be, so wifi will be faster than an ethernet adapter...

USAFRet

Titan

You'll need to buy a WiFi adapter, or get one of the few desktop motherboards with WiFi built in.
Most motherboards don't.

And WiFi is never faster than an ethernet cable.

to help the thread starter. from a working pc use an 8g or larger usb stick. download and run windows media creation tool. when it done making the newest windows 10 usb installer. go into the usb stick make a folder called drivers. from the mb vendor web page download the newest drivers you can. you may have to go to intel or other sites if the drivers are few months old. also check the bios rev of the mb to the newest bios file there. if there a updated bios copy the bios to the usb stick unzip it and use the mb bios updater to update the bios. on the usb stick also put and updated anti virus on the usb stick. i try and put a anti virus on the computer after first boot to make sure any download is clean.