How do i install this watercooler?

Andrew_155

Honorable
Jul 17, 2016
So last night my motherboard in my alienware build blew and i needed to replace it with the old components. the CPU is overheating and the computer shuts down after 5 seconds. I have the watercooler that came with the system but i have no clue how to install it nor how it was installed when i got it. I will attach pictures when i can use a computer to show the cooler in hope someone can identify it as there is little to no branding.
1fbcqr.jpg

2gvphkh.jpg
dmr977.jpg
f1bmu0.jpg
2vxnayp.jpg

Solution
i really don't know why you're doing what you're doing (because that's really not how you work on PCs). but honestly.. it's an ancient water cooler, and looks like you've messed with it quite a bit too.

you should buy an air cooler and stop with your headache/messing about. You will burn a CPU/mobo if you keep doing what you're doing. There are many cheap and efficient options, especially for a 775 socket.
there are no picutres.

and secondly.. how do you know it's your motherboard? how do you know it's your cooler? what do you know about this other than the 5second shut down? does it give you any information on screen before shutdown? when you say it's your alienware build.. do you mean you've taken things apart?

Andrew_155

Honorable
Jul 17, 2016

By alienware build i meant that i had used the case for a new build like most do. the board broke in the new build that i had done in the case. I replaced the new board with the original Asus P5N32-SLI REV. 1.02 in the case. The cpu is overheating an triggering the overheat shut down failsafe due to the cooler not being installed. No video output gets sent to the screen either. I know its overheating because I held a heatsink from an FX series CPU onto the intel Pentium D and it stayed on for almost a minute before over heating again. I tried another pentium D from my dell desktop and it did the same thing. When it turns off due to the overheating i turned it back on and it shut down almost immediately and when i wait for the CPU to cool down i turn it back on and does the same 30 second thing then shuts down and i get no beeps or anything. the cooler i have came with the original P5N32-SLI REV. 1.02 board that was in the case it does however say "DELPHI" on the side but i did some searching for delphi watercoolers for socket LGA775 and found nothing.

i really don't know why you're doing what you're doing (because that's really not how you work on PCs). but honestly.. it's an ancient water cooler, and looks like you've messed with it quite a bit too.

you should buy an air cooler and stop with your headache/messing about. You will burn a CPU/mobo if you keep doing what you're doing. There are many cheap and efficient options, especially for a 775 socket.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS