Question How do I jumpstart Asus Rog Strix III G531G?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Why do you think the power switch is not working? Have you checked the switch with a multimeter?

An odd assumption, just looks like a spot for a capacitor to me. Not sure why that would be involved.

Where is the power button? If the switch is surface mount, going to be a bit tricky and you would want a multimeter for some testing. But essentially you need to find the traces that the switch connects to and then you could try shorting that out.

Or desolder the switch and short the pads under there.

All this is academic, what led to this problem?

May 12, 2021
Why do you think the power switch is not working? Have you checked the switch with a multimeter?

An odd assumption, just looks like a spot for a capacitor to me. Not sure why that would be involved.

Where is the power button? If the switch is surface mount, going to be a bit tricky and you would want a multimeter for some testing. But essentially you need to find the traces that the switch connects to and then you could try shorting that out.

Or desolder the switch and short the pads under there.

All this is academic, what led to this problem?

The power button stopped working properly a while ago. If I want to turn it on I need to press it about 10,000 times (not exaggerating). Something might be loose there, I don’t really know.

I can’t afford to put in the work to get the “golden” button press now

If there’s now way to find the spot without a multimeter then I just need to let warranty handle it

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not impossible, we are only seeing a small section of the board without context. If the switch is on its own PCB, might even be a replacement part you can order that would be faster than warranty service. Though if it is under warranty, that is a good option.

May 12, 2021
Thank you for the replies.
I will endeavor to get it work.
At first I thought it was static buildup, but after I took out the battery and did some troubleshooting the problem wasn’t solved

TRENDING THREADS