Question How Do I Know if a MoBo supports Windows 11?

Optiplex4G

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
The only thing that is preventing me from upgrading to Win 11 is that my motherboard (MSI B450 Tomahawk) doesn't support secure boot. I tried enabling it in the BIOS, but when I did it never booted to Windows, it just kept sending me back to the BIOS. It seems like if I want to upgrade I'll have to replace my motherboard. With that being said I'd hate to build an entire system from scratch over this one issue, so I'm wondering if there's anyway I can determine whether or not a motherboard supports Windows 11?

Not sure if this helps but my other specs are a Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb of RAM, and a RTX 3070 ti. Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks for reading!

Lutfij

Titan
You go to the board's support site and look through the drivers listed and the OS it has in the drop down list. As for the board, you should be able to see Secure Boot functionality on it even on an older motherboard BIOS version.

Speaking of which, which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Optiplex4G

Honorable
Jun 7, 2017
It says it's running 1.H6. I updated it about a year and a half ago so it would be able to run my 5800x. I went to the MSI site and there are Windows 11 drivers for this specific board. Do I just need to install them to get it working?

It says it's running 1.H6. I updated it about a year and a half ago so it would be able to run my 5800x. I went to the MSI site and there are Windows 11 drivers for this specific board. Do I just need to install them to get it working?
Windows 11 have essential drivers but may be a bit outdated. Here, download and use
It's AMD's own tool to automatically detect, download and install proper and newest drivers for their products.PS. Make sure fTPU function in BIOS is enabled.