[SOLVED] How do I know if I have blue tooth on my new motherboard?

gammonGo

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Hi folks.

I built my first PC and have it up and running. Since it was my first time and I wasn't sure what I wanted or what I was doing, i purchased a low end motherboard (and everything else). How can I determine if the motherboard has blue tooth?

The board is a Gigabyte B450M DS3H. It's specs are here (if I have rev10): https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10/sp#sp.

I don't see anything about blue tooth on there. I also don't see anything about IEEE 802.15.1. But I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

If I don't have blue tooth, how do you recommend I add it? Can I swap for a new board with blue tooth?

Thanks,
Jeff

gammonGo

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Open your Control Panel, Device Manager and on the list of devices if you have Bluetooth installed you will see it there.

Andy
Thanks. I guess what I need to know is exactly what I'm looking for? For instance, it may not say "THIS IS YOUR BLUETOOTH ADAPTER (you idiot)" and what they do say is not always obvious. I'm on vacation this week, so I won't be able to follow up for a few days.

Integrated bluetooth almost ALWAYS comes alongside (inside) integrated WiFi. So it's not actually that simple. What you're effectively saying is that everyone needs bluetooth (I don't need or want it) and they should only buy motherboards with built in WiFi.

Reactions: gammonGo

gammonGo

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Integrated bluetooth almost ALWAYS comes alongside (inside) integrated WiFi. So it's not actually that simple. What you're effectively saying is that everyone needs bluetooth (I don't need or want it) and they should only buy motherboards with built in WiFi.
BlueTooth is useful around the house. But I see your point. The reason I don't have BlueTooth, then, is because the guy who was helping me pick parts asked if I needed WiFi, and I said no. Oh well.

I also only have one more slot left. I may use it for a WiFi/BlueTooth combo.