[SOLVED] How do i know if my laptop boots into windows without display outputs?

Dec 3, 2021
I Decided To Try This.
So this is a long story. So basically I have a laptop
This laptop used to work quite fine.
But I broke the screen so I decided to buy a new replacement.
I fixed the screen and everything worked but then I wanted to make it perfect.
Basically the screen connector got fried.
After that it worked kinda with a external screen
But games wouldnt boot up so I thought if I could uninstall the Nvidia GTX 1650 (In Device Manager) I could reboot and that might fix it

That was the last time the lsptop posted any kind of image

I decided to remove the ssd and use it for another laptop

Now, A year later I have come back to this problem I connected a drive which has windows installed and turned it on. The keyboard turns on the hdd indicator lights turned on, even the caps lock flashes when you press it. But i feel it is in windows mainly because the laptop can go into sleep

Now Is this laptop done for or is there possible hope?

Solution
Windows installations from other machines or devices rarely work when model specific drivers are needed, so if you can't get the regular display to work and the OS doesn't have drivers for the secondary display, which is pretty unusual these days because the majority of external monitors should work perfectly fine with any generic plug and plug monitor driver that is native to Windows, then I don't see what you can do. You can't install Windows without a display and apparently you can't get a display on that machine without installing Windows.

Are you certain that the external monitor even works?
Dec 3, 2021
Yeah i assume that but I tried the same boot drive with my actual laptop and it too doesnt connect to the external monitor . It uses the Intel default display driver. So it could be possible that the same thing happens with the other laptop

Windows installations from other machines or devices rarely work when model specific drivers are needed, so if you can't get the regular display to work and the OS doesn't have drivers for the secondary display, which is pretty unusual these days because the majority of external monitors should work perfectly fine with any generic plug and plug monitor driver that is native to Windows, then I don't see what you can do. You can't install Windows without a display and apparently you can't get a display on that machine without installing Windows.

Solution
Dec 3, 2021

Yeah it definitely works im using it right now. It's the AOC 24G2

I tried booting into that hard drive with my current laptop and tried to use the project button to project but it says something about needing to install drivers.

With the broken laptop I "boot it up" and tried to navigate through the windows with a mouse first time i tried to shut it down but I may of clicked sleep and I found it worked a few times.
After that i tried removing the password and added a sound file to see if I could play it without much luck

Sorry man, either I'm not understanding the reality of what's going on, or something is just "off" with the outline of the situation, because I don't understand how you could do any of those things if you aren't seeing anything on any displays. Are you saying that the display works normally during POST and/or if you are trying to access the BIOS, but stops working when it starts to boot into Windows, or that it doesn't work at all, ever?

Dec 3, 2021
Sorry man, either I'm not understanding the reality of what's going on, or something is just "off" with the outline of the situation, because I don't understand how you could do any of those things if you aren't seeing anything on any displays. Are you saying that the display works normally during POST and/or if you are trying to access the BIOS, but stops working when it starts to boot into Windows, or that it doesn't work at all, ever?

Alright My Bad.
The Laptop doesnt have a screen. I used a "connected mouse" (connect led tells me) and I just tried clicking things I think twice I managed to make it go to sleep somehow.. After that I had a idea if windows was truly running then I could play audio. So I hooked up the boot drove to my working laptop removed passwords and made a audio file which I would search up via cortana and in theory it should play the file on the broken laptop but it didnt. The only reason why I have a slight bit of hope is because the laptop can sleep and caps lock works. Other than that I think its broken.

So, you COULD be correct that the unit is working, but without any display output. The problem is, that doesn't matter. If you cannot get a display using any of the display output types it has, ie, hdmi, vga, etc., then it really doesn't matter if the rest of the board is working or not because clearly there is something damaged in the PCIe bus circuit that allows display to happen via the installed video card or integrated graphics. Without that, it really doesn't matter if anything else works or not because it's useless to you if you can't see what's happening.

Again, it's about 99% likely that you need a new motherboard if you can't get any kind of display, even during POST.