How do i know if my PSU has the right cables for my graphics cards?

Dazzah

Reputable
Sep 6, 2014
I am looking to build my new pc after christmas and i know most of my parts not but i am a bit confused, i know it may be a bit of a noob question but i really would appreciate an answer,I am planning of having this Gpu...http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1850xxxb9

And i want it to power two gtx 970s in sli...But how do i know if it will have all the right connectors and stuff, thanks.

EDIT: I looked on the Ebuyer website and it says that it has 4 Pci-e connectors for graphics cards, but how do i know if they are 6pin or 8pin or 4pin or whatever?

Solution
D

One more time then. Please allow the OP to select the best answer. Unless the thread is at...

Natos

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
Assuming that your GTX970s have only 2 power connectors, this should work fine. But 2 970s in SLI is really power consuming, and very expensive. You might need a upgrade on the PSU side.
Can you give us the complete parts list on PCPartPicker? (since your link was to PCPartpicker, I'm assuming your using it)

D

Deleted member 217926

That's actually incorrect. The GTX 970 is extremely efficient in fact it, along with the GTX 980 are the most efficient cards on the market for the performance you get. You really only need a 700w power supply for 2 x 970s. That XFX is an excellent choice though.

Natos

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014

I stand corrected. Thank you for correcting me.

D

Deleted member 217926

One more time then. Please allow the OP to select the best answer. Unless the thread is at least several weeks old or you see a completely wrong best answer then only the OP or a moderator should select the best answer.

Solution

Natos

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014

Thanks again.

D

Deleted member 217926

It may. I just looked here from his link and it says 6.

http://www.ebuyer.com/484277-xfx-xxx-850w-semi-modular-80-bronze-power-supply-p1-850x-xxb9

Modular 6+2-pin PCI-E:6

Edit: You are correct. The ebuyer site is wrong. It also says this.

Equipped with 4 PCI-E Connectors for Graphics Cards

Natos

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014

I'm also pretty sure that it says on the front page "Equipped with 4 PCI-E Connectors for Graphics Cards."

TRENDING THREADS