How do I know which graphics card is better?

Solution
A 1080 would be way over the top for that computer, your processor would just hold it back (because its not very good).

You would be better off just building a new PC, or consider a lower end graphics card.

Jester Maroc

Distinguished

They are made by different board partners of Nvidia. They all have almost identical gaming performance. The difference would be in the type of cooler and warranty/service/support you get from these partners.

My advice, try to stick to what looks good and fits your budget.

What games do you play? And what is the specs of your PC?

AaronDDB

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
Well right now I'm wanting to play ARK:Survival Evolved and also H1Z1 and other online games like that, with amazing HD and high performance and no lag/issues but probably more games like that in the future perhaps. Possibly thinking of maybe World of Warcraft too as I've never played it before.

AaronDDB

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium
Motherboard: MSI A78M-E35 uATX
Processor: AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 10 Computer Cores 4C+6G 3.30GHz
Memory: 8.00GB (6.94 GB Usable) RAM
Standard 500w PSU

Jester Maroc

Distinguished
What model PSU do you have? If you are going to go out and get a gtx1080 I would recommend that you are sure about the quality of the power supply.

Your CPU will bottleneck the GTX 1080. I would recommend either upgrading the CPU and MB to a i5 6500, and then getting a GTX 1060/1070 with the leftover money. Or keep what you have but getting a GTX 1060, with a plan to upgrade later.

Well the CPU isn't bad its just average, its still fully capable of doing a lot of things. Its on par with Intels's Haswell range of i5's really which is totally fine.

You could just add a GTX 1060 like Jester Maroc recommended for now once you verified your PSU is up to the job.

Or you can go the full blown rebuild which will be costly:
-New case (only if your pc was prebuilt and it was made for your systems mobo, your'll need to research this)
-Socket 1151 Mobo (if your going Skylake that is)
-DDR 4 RAM (Skylake only use DDR4, that I know off)
-Brand new OS license (Microsoft just being a pain, new pc new license)
-Then the £650+ GTX 1080 GPU

So its either spends a butt load on a new pc or just stick a £230-80 GTX 1060 in.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

His APU is not on par with Haswell i5s, not even close.