Question How do I learn brand of my PSU

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I cannot look inside of my PC case at the moment, and hwinfo64 does not tell me the voltage/brand and 80 plus of my PSU, this is a desktop computer, can anyone point me the way how do I learn such things?

ThraxInDistress

Prominent
Jan 15, 2022
I cannot look inside of my PC case at the moment, and hwinfo64 does not tell me the voltage/brand and 80 plus of my PSU, this is a desktop computer, can anyone point me the way how do I learn such things?
I have to agree with the others, there isnt really a software that tells you exactly. Youd have to look at the label or check the build information for prebuilts. Or the box if you have it. Best of Luck!

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
It is not a pre-built, it is something called "TUF" and completely blocked by a piece of metal inside of the PC case, it is in deep bottom, covered by black metal so can't even look to the side. Thanks for the replies,

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
"TUF" would be ASUS potentially a prebuild (although there are TUF cases).... depending on the age/tier of the components ,you can make a bit of an educated guess.

If it's something like this, which is an FX10CP (8th Gen Intel etc)
83-221-545-Z06.jpg

You're likely looking at a 300-400W AcBel unit, almost certainly 80+ Bronze (or similar spec, OEMs will likely vary suppliers depending on supply costs).

Of course, if it's not a prebuilt - then it's anybodies guess.

If you remove the other side panel, you should be able to see the PSU though - they have to be able to get it into the case somehow.