Question How do I make my 4G LTE router faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyMontana18

BANNED
Oct 26, 2021
Make and model of your router? Where are you located? Firmware updates pending on your router? Who is your network provider?
It's a Dlink DL-DWR M960 AC1200 4G LTE 150 Mbps Router
I'm located in Sharjah, UAE (Near Dubai)
No Updates, already has latest firmware update in it.
Network Provider is Du (Very Slow). They say Etisalat is faster than Du in UAE.

There is very little you have any control over which is kinda what the usafret post meant. Maybe he should have put a :) on it to be very obvious.

The speed of a LTE connection is going to be primarily three big factors..again none you can do anything about.
  1. What type of LTE encoding does the ISP offer on the tower you are using.
  2. How strong is your signal to the tower.
  3. How many other people are also using the same tower.

Reactions: TonyMontana18

TonyMontana18

BANNED
Oct 26, 2021
There is very little you have any control over which is kinda what the usafret post meant. Maybe he should have put a :) on it to be very obvious.

The speed of a LTE connection is going to be primarily three big factors..again none you can do anything about.
  1. What type of LTE encoding does the ISP offer on the tower you are using.
  2. How strong is your signal to the tower.
  3. How many other people are also using the same tower.
Yes ur right, Its
  1. LTE BAND 3
  2. -58 to -61 dBm
  3. We are 3 persons (Me (My toshiba Laptop/Samsung Phone from time to time i switch between of them), My Bro (Samsung Phone/HP Laptop not sure if he switch from time to time) and My Mom (Samsung Phone)

Yes ur right, Its
  1. LTE BAND 3
  2. -58 to -61 dBm
  3. We are 3 persons (Me (My toshiba Laptop/Samsung Phone from time to time i switch between of them), My Bro (Samsung Phone/HP Laptop not sure if he switch from time to time) and My Mom (Samsung Phone)

There are way more than 3 people using the cell tower unless you are the only 3 living in your town area. Cell towers can handle 30-60 connections, although that info is several years old so newer tech may have improved that.

Reactions: TonyMontana18

Lutfij

Titan
Your network operators are limited in your region. Per your query, if you're using that router in a crib with 4G, might want to get onboard an ISP and not your cell network for www consumption.

I was born and brought up in Dubai, U.A.E hence why I know your options are limited and your ISP's are also regulated with minimal operators around the 7 Emirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.