Question How do I Mod GTX 1650 vBIOS to remove UEFI GOP module?

Budgeteer_262

Reputable
Jan 13, 2021
I have an Alienware Aurora R3 which refuses to boot with Turing GPUs like my GTX 1650.

This can be fixed by removing UEFI GOP module in the vBIOS so it reads as a legacy only vBIOS in GPUZ. Done by several people. See here:
https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/guide-remove-uefi-image-from-nvidia-vbios/34363?filter=summary

Can anyone take a look at my gtx 1650 rom file if they know how to remove the UEFI GOP module in hex editor?
I am following the steps from the link and can repeat the process on my rom file in a hex editor but those steps are for a gt710 so if someone can take a look that would be much appreciated.

Stock GTX 1650 bios file: https://ufile.io/ajei68eh

Any tips for preparing to recover from a bad flash?

I only have one system and am only able to boot with and read the gtx 1650 rom file when using a gtx 590 alongside it as a primary display. No iGPU outports on mobo (thanks Dell).

I have backed up vBIOS rom files for both cards to a phone. However, they're useless if I can't get the rom back on a GPU.

If I prepared a USB stick with the stock 1650 rom file and a batch file to flash on boot, how could I ensure that it flashes the 1650 rom to the correct GPU? Just worried because if the bios mod flash failed, the only way to boot with the 1650 and reflash the base bios to it would be to also install the 590, or not? If the batch file USB accidentally flashed to the 590, I'd be truly finished. Or would I not need to create batch file USB? Or could the batch file USB work with just the 1650 installed (meaning no successful post even if unbricked)?

Could I just reflash stock bios via the OS while using the 590? How would that work if the 1650 was bricked and not recognized in the OS?
Would the PC even post with a defective bios on a secondary GPU while using the 590 as main?

Thank you

Budgeteer_262

Reputable
Jan 13, 2021
Yea, im thinking of selling that 1650 and replacing it with a 1070. Risk involved in bios modding is steep. Thanks tho for commenting and all those who read the post