[SOLVED] How do I multi monitor?

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
I want to do a multi monitor setup just like Linus tech tips did here:
View: https://youtu.be/Toft6fMvByA

Difference is, I want to use only two monitors.

So I don't want to migrate the windows between the monitors, I want both of them to display half of the screen, like in the video.

Specs:
Core i5 3470
GT 1030
Zebronics H61
Acer 165 hz 1080p TN monitor

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
Windows has come a very long way in being able to use multimonitors. But,still the king of multimonitor software is DisplayFusion. I got it thru Steam (it was pretty cheap),and it just updated-so it is still going strong.
If you can't do whatever you have in mind with DisplayFusion,it can't be done.

Reactions: RodroX
Windows has come a very long way in being able to use multimonitors. But,still the king of multimonitor software is DisplayFusion. I got it thru Steam (it was pretty cheap),and it just updated-so it is still going strong.
If you can't do whatever you have in mind with DisplayFusion,it can't be done.

I used DisplayFusion at work when I was tasked to build a video wall some years ago. And indeed is a great program. Then again nvidia control panel and windows should be enough for two monitors.

Reactions: ClapTrapper
The second monitor has te be the same as the first, also 165Hz? That's not gonna work. The DVI-D maximum output of the GT 1030 is 1920x1200 @60Hz.

I think it may work but limited to 1920x1200 60 Hz (I think it all scales down to the lower specs one, but I could be wrong), but yes you are right on that its best if you have two identical monitors. It will be also great to have 2 identical video outputs, instead of HDMI and DVI-D.

What if I connect the monitors together? I think it was called daisy chaining or something

You need one monitor on each port to show different images, or an extended desktop. Far as I know only display port allows you to pulg two or more monitor to 1 port and show different images on them.

Also when you daisy chain you are probably goin to loose resolution.

Reactions: ClapTrapper