How do I overclock my Intel core i5 - 4690k?

David Kushnir

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013
Well I have purchased a new PC not to long ago and I got my self a Intel Core i5 - 4690k as I have mentioned before and I would like to overclock it a little to the save recommended OC I have a quite good cooler.
Now the thing is that I have looked up how to OC my CPU and looked for pepole with the same motherboard as me (asus maximus vii ranger) and I saw that they have the option of XMP in the bios that dose most of the job for them and for some reason I do not have that option so I cant really follow their steps...
any suggestions/guides to recommend me?

Thank you for your time.

Solution
XMP has nothing to do with overclocking the processor. That is a memory extension. To OC the unlocked i5-4690k, you simply increase the CPU clock multiplier in BIOS.
The speed of a processor is the clock multi times the base clock. The base clock is 100 MHz. The i5-4690k's stock multiplier is 35.
100 x 35 = 3500 (MHz)
Be sure to turn off turbo mode before OC'ing for best results.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
XMP has nothing to do with overclocking the processor. That is a memory extension. To OC the unlocked i5-4690k, you simply increase the CPU clock multiplier in BIOS.
The speed of a processor is the clock multi times the base clock. The base clock is 100 MHz. The i5-4690k's stock multiplier is 35.
100 x 35 = 3500 (MHz)
Be sure to turn off turbo mode before OC'ing for best results.

Solution