How do I place memory in the asus b360tuf pro gaming motherboard for dual channel memory

dafko_m

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017
Ok so I got my pc today and the guy who made it (he has his personal shop and he is well known)he said that he tried to put two stick of dd4 4gb ram (kingston hyperx 2400 mhz)in the a2 and b2 slots but he had problems with it so he put one stick of 8gb but I asked him did you put it in the a2 and b2 (because I think thats where you should put them)slots for dual channel and he said that he tried everything he can.So Ive been pondering this even since and I really need your guys help because I believe he did not put them as intended for dual channel.

Solution
The two grey slots for dual channel a2 and b2 is correct and a2 for single channel.

1.2v is standard voltage for DDR4 memory upto 2400 and 1.35v for higer. Some memory just misbehaves depending on mobo and bios revision so upping dram voltage may help. Did he try 1.35v? DDR4 memory 1.2v can also run at 1.35v.

The memory modules used were from a kit? Mixing ram may or may not work.

Cole.perera

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018
This information should be in your manual but it will be either the two grey slots or the two black slots for dual channel. You ca check if its dual channel using CPU-Z
CPU-Z Download:https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

dr.lafo

Great
Aug 16, 2018
Check This!
E13810_TUF_B360_PRO_GAMING_UM_WEB_001.jpg

or

Manual

boju

Titan
Ambassador
The two grey slots for dual channel a2 and b2 is correct and a2 for single channel.

1.2v is standard voltage for DDR4 memory upto 2400 and 1.35v for higer. Some memory just misbehaves depending on mobo and bios revision so upping dram voltage may help. Did he try 1.35v? DDR4 memory 1.2v can also run at 1.35v.

The memory modules used were from a kit? Mixing ram may or may not work.

Solution