Question How do I prevent Razer Wolverine V2 controller from waking my computer?

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
When I go to device manager, the controller is set to wake the computer under power management. I uncheck the box and within a few days it is checked again. I have read that Razer products update themselves automatically. The thing that really bothers me is that the computer will wake from hibernate when I walk by it. I don't have a camera or microphone. I don't see how it is possible that the controller can "sense" that I am nearby. It has happened 4 times now and it is always a different day and a different time and it happens when I walk within 3 feet or so of my computer. That cannot be a coincidence. I am wondering if Razer has some sort of spyware? Does anybody know how to prevent this from happening? I am ok with editing the registry if that is the answer. Thanks.

Also I have checked everything else in device manager to make sure there isn't another culprit. My computer has been staying in hibernate flawlessly for a couple of years now so I am sure it is the controller.

Another thing that happens is every so often when I turn on my computer (wake it from hibernate) the controller will vibrate on my desk. I have the vibration set to 0 for the controller so I am guessing this is when it is auto updating.

Wow, 95 views and not a single reply. After unchecking the box allowing controller to wake computer yesterday I got up today and my computer came out of hibernate by itself and sure enough the wake box is checked again. I am seriously considering returning this controller. Weird stuff going on here.

Another update: I unplugged the controller from the usb port and plugged it back in. The allow wake option was checked again. Tried it multiple times. This could explain why the wake option keeps getting ticked but doesn't explain why the computer wakes from hibernate just from walking close to it. I put it in hibernate and then I bumped my chair into the desk, jiggled the mouse, hit keyboard buttons, pressed all the buttons on the controller and it stays in hibernate. Researched most of the day and come up with nothing. For now I may just have to unplug the controller from the usb port when I'm not using it.

Last edited:

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
This isn't a solution but for now the waking from hibernate has stopped. I plugged the controller into a different usb port. No idea how or why the computer was waking from walking near it. I posted on the razer support forum as well and got no reply there either.

emitfudd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2017
Update 12/1/21:

Using a different USB port was not the solution either. It continues to wake as I walk by. I just keep the USB cable unplugged when I am not playing a game. Really frustrating. This is also in a new build with the same case. Same exact thing happening.