How do i put distilled water into my Liquid cooler (Fractal Design S24)

filipeduard

Commendable
Apr 28, 2018
Hello guys.
First is distilled water good for a liquid cooler?
Second how much should i put in?
Final , how do it put , i see it has a hexagonal hole , and i should open in with an Allen Key.

I want to add more water because i haven't add for for a few years and my CPU is 74 degrees on IDLE and 86 gaming.
Hope this will help. Tell me if i'm doing the right thing or what should i do.
This is the manual of the water cooling if you're interested : https://support.fractal-design.com/helpdesk/attachments/4021193717 (Using an intel 8700k cpu)

Solution
Remove the pump assembly from the CPU and hold it above the height of the radiator. Remove the filling screw with an Allen key. Pour distilled water into the filler hole while trying not to introduce any air bubbles. Fill right up to the bottom of the filler hole. Install the filler screw back into the pump assembly and check for any leaks. Clean off any old TIM (Thermal Interface Material) on both the pumps heat sink contact surface and the CPU's heat spreader. Reapply some new TIM to the CPU's heat spreader and reattach the pump assembly to the motherboard.
Remove the pump assembly from the CPU and hold it above the height of the radiator. Remove the filling screw with an Allen key. Pour distilled water into the filler hole while trying not to introduce any air bubbles. Fill right up to the bottom of the filler hole. Install the filler screw back into the pump assembly and check for any leaks. Clean off any old TIM (Thermal Interface Material) on both the pumps heat sink contact surface and the CPU's heat spreader. Reapply some new TIM to the CPU's heat spreader and reattach the pump assembly to the motherboard.

Solution

filipeduard

Commendable
Apr 28, 2018

So practically i should add water until i almost reach the hole?Like to make it full?

Yes. You want it to be full so that there are no trapped air bubbles in the loop that will prevent circulation of the coolant.