[SOLVED] How do I recover from bad BIOS update?

Feb 27, 2020
Hello, a while ago, I had a bad BIOS update on my HP Pavilion TouchSmart 20-f394 All-in-One Desktop PC. When the PC restarted, the HP logo did not show Windows will not boot. I attempted to reset the CMOS battery and nothing happened. The hard disk in that PC was not original and the Windows install was a fresh install using an iso from Microsoft, not hp recovery discs, so there is no HP tools partition on the drive and I would need a USB. I went on my main laptop and downloaded the BIOS files from HP's website and attempted to create a recovery USB following the instructions, but it doesn't give me the options to make a recovery USB but it extracts the files to the C drive. I copied the bin files and other files that it extracted on a USB formatted with FAT32 and did Windows + B. Nothing shows. I tried looking everywhere online for a solution, and so far I found nothing useful. If it is impossible to use a USB, then where would the BIOS chip be? Is there a way to recover the BIOS without getting a new motherboard? I would not want to leave this as a useless brick, I had fond memories with that computer.

Solution
Try the Windows + B key press again.
either keep pressed before starting the system or press combo keys repeatedly after powering on and hope it works.

also, follow the cmos reset procedures. while the bios is corrupted, the cmos settings are in a different portion of the hardware. good luck.
Feb 26, 2020
Try the Windows + B key press again.
either keep pressed before starting the system or press combo keys repeatedly after powering on and hope it works.

also, follow the cmos reset procedures. while the bios is corrupted, the cmos settings are in a different portion of the hardware. good luck.

Solution