How do I reinstall an OS on a SSD.

irlwizard

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
Wondering how to properly reinstall Windows 7 64bit Ultimate on an SSD. My SSD is Corsair Performance Pro and it has no downloadable firmware so I don't have to worry about updating it. Should currently note that my SYSTEM RESERVE is a separate partition but part of C... so I have C and I visible I want to avoid that with this installation.

So far I put my latest non Beta BIOS file on a FAT32 flash drive and moved all precious documents over to the HDD and unplugged it's sata cable from the motherboard. Prepairing to reinstall the SSD with a clean slate. I know that AHCI mode has to be enabled but what else should I do? Should I blech it after deleting everything from the partition and should I clear the CMOS then update my BIOS before installing windows 7 because my SSD i s newer than the stock BIOS.

Why am I reinstalling? I removed duplicated files with a utility software without backing up my system and my OS is pretty wasted now, it looks like windows 98 hahaha...

mad-max79

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Solution

irlwizard

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
Sorry max I never ended up having time to do it but have given you best answer anyway. Still, do you mind elaborating a bit? Should I create the bootable Thumb Drive with UNetbootin before or after a secure erase with Parted Magic? Also what is UNetbooting and "superfetch service".