Question How do I reinstall Android 6?

C_T_W

Honorable
Apr 25, 2015
Not that important really. Just curious. I have an old Lenovo Yoga tab 3 that some apps have stopped working. I assumed the tablet was just getting old. One day an app stopped and I got a message saying that some of my system libraries were broken. the OS needs repair. I'm thinking along the lines of formatting a hard drive and reinstalling windows procedure. But how do you do that with Android? or, how do you repair a Broken Android OS? I know, Just go buy a new tablet. I have. I just want to fix the old one to say I did it.

Thanks for any response.......

In Android world, that's called "Reset to factory defaults". For a lot of Android devices, one can also install alternate firmwares, where you have "Boot Manager", and are able to (re)install firmwares. Check XDA site for your particular tablet.

On various systems there is a key press that opens a boot menu of sorts that will give you the option to wipe it and clean install. Assuming the file or the drive in the phone isn’t damaged it should reset to the as purchased load.

AndrewJohn

BANNED
Nov 30, 2020
If you already had Android 6 in the tab, you can restore the tab to factory settings and this would most probably return you the original settings. However, I don't think any old Android device can go a step back to its old Android support because it is kind of a permanent change in the device. You can try it out after taking a backup of all the data in the device.

C_T_W

Honorable
Apr 25, 2015
To be correct, it's just hard to do this, it's not a permanent change.
Thanks everyone for the help. I factory reset twice. all that really does is reset everything except Android 6.0.1 Then it's the process of setting up like I just bought a new tablet. After setup the problem is still there. eventually something stops and say there are Broken System Libraries. Malentine is correct. It's hard to do this. It's not like a windows registry issue.

C_T_W

Honorable
Apr 25, 2015
In Android world, that's called "Reset to factory defaults". For a lot of Android devices, one can also install alternate firmwares, where you have "Boot Manager", and are able to (re)install firmwares. Check XDA site for your particular tablet.
I solved it by Buying a New Tablet. LOL..... this old dinosaur android 6 tablet isn't worth the trouble.

ASK THE COMMUNITY