Question How do i reinstall windows on my old laptop?

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
First, sorry for my bad english grammar. To the point, the keyboard is broken, basically im going to reinstall it on my new laptop so i take out the hard drive and i notice it's still using IDE pin meanwhile my new laptop hard drive is using SATA pin. Is there a way to reinstall windows on my old laptop?

Feb 21, 2020
I'm not sure if I understood. But not all hard disks are compatible with each PC. So it doesn't seem like you can replace/use the old harddrive on your new PC. If you want to install Windows on your old PC you can get a USB Stick (16gb) and flash windows on it and then boot it up on your laptop from BIOS. If i understood, your keyboard is broken. You can try using an external keyboard.

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
I'm not sure if I understood. But not all hard disks are compatible with each PC. So it doesn't seem like you can replace/use the old harddrive on your new PC. If you want to install Windows on your old PC you can get a USB Stick (16gb) and flash windows on it and then boot it up on your laptop from BIOS. If i understood, your keyboard is broken. You can try using an external keyboard.
Thanks, gonna give it a try.

Reactions: Brikic